Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Knitting Knockout 2019

Hey y'all! Happy New Year!

Clearly I'm very good at this whole blogging thing😂 Well, it's a new year, and I am going to do my best stay on track this year.  Before I get to my knitting plans for 2019, let me update you on my final projects of 2018!

So after I finished my Campside Cardi, next up was my test-knit for the Red Moon Sweater from Born & Raised Knits.

Right as this test was starting, major changes were made at my job, and my commute became much longer.  That meant I was getting home and pretty much falling right to sleep...which equalled no knitting time.  It took me a little longer to knit this sweater, and my gauge was way off from my swatch - apparently I'm actually a loose knitter! Once I started wearing it I've come to love the oversized fit!



My final completed project of 2018, was a simple pair of Tuatara Socks. I actually finished these while my mom and I were in Los Angeles for Christmas! This sock pattern is super easy, and I love that they are knit in DK because they knit up so fast!



2018 was a big year for me, knitting-wise. I pushed myself and was able to complete my Ravelry challenge goal 9/8 projects!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year for 2019, I decided to jump on the bandwagon, and do a Make Nine 2019. As you can see, my game plan is to complete WIPs I have, with a few new projects in the mix.

So far, Ive been doing good! Actually completed a WIP that isn't in the grid.  Look out for my next post to see my finished Sonya Tee! After that, I resumed knitting on my Hoodie Shawl Cardi...but then I snagged some amazing yarn from Sea Turtle Fiber Arts and just HAD to cast on my BeeKeeper Cardi! But I promise, I'm staying focused!

-----------------------------

2018 also included me starting a Cozy Memories Blanket. Obviously this will be an ongoing project, no idea yet how big I'm going to make, but I'll update whenever I add new squares!



Until next time fiber/craft friends! #liveacreativelife


No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 FO #1 - Neon Pop Sonya Tee

My first official finished project of 2019 - the Sonya Tee ! Yes, this should have been done in 2018, but once I ran out of my firs...