Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Hello My Name Is: Procrastiknitter

Hey there!

Wow, this post has been a long time coming!

The basis of my new blog is to chronicle my knitting adventures. (bet ya never would've guessed that from the title! πŸ˜†)  I started knitting a lot more towards the end of 2017, as I knitted gifts for friends and family.  When 2018 rolled around, a resolution of mine was to knit more and get more involved in the knitting community.  Seriously, since making this resolution I use any time to knit! Yes, I always carry my knitting bag with me...like any good knitter does!  Thus, the creation of my knitting blog was born.  I know I always love following other knitters and drawing inspiration from them, so I hope my blog can be that source for you!

Since I'm 8 months behind πŸ™ˆ (due to major procrastiknitting) I'll do a quick catch up on my FOs (finished objects) to-date!

**p.s. - head to my Ravelry page and you can find all the details about my projects!**


2017 included:

'Roxie the Hippo' by Lauren Slagle of lolodidit


 An adorable 'Clementine Hoodie', by Carrie Bostick Hoge, for my coworker's precious daughter


A pair of 'Hemlock Mitts', by Gabriella Henry, for a friend


Now let's see what I've been up to so far in 2018!

My first project of 2018 was a pair of vanilla socks


My second project was another pair of vanilla socks...but in this stinkin' cute yarn from Artistic Yarn by Abi that knits up like a cheeseburger!


For my first-ever adult garment, I made myself a 'Tegna', by Caitlin Hunter of Boyland Knitworks




In line with keeping my vow of knitting more in 2018 and getting more involved in the knitting community, I did my first-ever test knit!  The pattern was the adorable 'As If Tee' by Shay Johnson.  This was also my first time using mohair!


My latest FO is this sweet 'Hanami Dress', by Lisa Chemery, for a friend whose first niece was just born!


Phew, now you're caught up on what I've accomplished so far.
Here's a list of my current WIPs (works-in-progress):
1. version 2 of the Xtina Crop
3. a Frenchy Turban for a friend
4. a short sleeved Sipila sweater
6. a pair of vanilla socks

 Oh! And in other yarny, but non-knitting, news, I put my new Cricut to good use to make a cheeky knitting tee! πŸ˜‰ It's definitely on my list to make more...and I'm hoping one day I can start selling them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

2019 FO #1 - Neon Pop Sonya Tee

My first official finished project of 2019 - the Sonya Tee ! Yes, this should have been done in 2018, but once I ran out of my firs...